First attempt was not a failure, but not what I call a success. It was very tasty, but it very much fell apart. Here's what I learned:
1. Only homemade crust will do. And don't forget to blind bake with pastry weights.
2. Only homemade custard will do. No instant pudding for this lady.
3. Speaking of homemade custard... if you think it's not thick enough, it's not.
4. When slicing the bananas, if you're not sure if they're thick enough, they're not.
5. When making the whipped cream, if you're not sure if it's sweet enough, it probably is.
There are definitely more custard-based pies in my future.